Author Topic: Clarification on Provi rules?  (Read 521 times)

Offline [SMUAF] Ajem Hinken

• SYLPH SMUAF
  • Clone Vat Goo
Clarification on Provi rules?
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:49:04 am »
How do the rules apply outside of Provi? If I, for instance, were to scam someone blind in Jita (Caldari space, in The Forge) would that result in me being eligible for KOS in Provi? If I were to aggress a neutral or blue in WH space, would that be unacceptable?

How do the rules apply when you aren't in Provi?

I'm only KOS bc my Corp is KOS, haven't had time to swap and I have no idea what my Corp has done.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:57:42 am by [SMUAF] Ajem Hinken »

Offline [TLOS] Miss Kesha

• CVA TLOS
  • Providence Fleet Command
  • Clone Vat Goo
Re: Clarification on Provi rules?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:24:51 am »
Providence rules apply everywhere not just in provi

Offline [P.T.B] AllMappedOut

• CVA P.T.B
  • Tourney Team
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:44:07 am »
Just to clarify further on what Miss Kesha has said:

You are expected to uphold Providence's rules anywhere and everywhere you go. This includes but isn't limited to:
  • No Scamming/theft
  • No aggressing capsuleers not on the KOS list
  • No Offensive sov warfare/trolling/entosising outside of sanctioned operations
  • No blackmailing
  • No piracy
  • No use of game mechanics to avoid any of the above rules (eg: war decs)

On the other hand, the rules of filing a KOS request against anyone else only applies within the space controlled by Providence, therefore you cannot reasonably expect to get an entity set KOS for attacking you if you are in their home system, or exploring a wormhole, for example.

If, in your example, you scammed in Jita and it was found out, you would be KOS. The rules of Providence are not just part of the region, they are part of our culture.

Offline [8--D0] Fermin Mascagranzas

• CHISP 8--D0
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:00 am »
3/4 of new eden is in the KOS list anyway, it shouldn´t cost you much to find fair game.

Specially if you pay a visit to adjacent hostile null.

• SYLPH SMUAF
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:58:31 am »
3/4 of new eden is in the KOS list anyway, it shouldn´t cost you much to find fair game.

Specially if you pay a visit to adjacent hostile null.
I was wondering in case that affected my plans of running a Jita scam. It does indeed sound like that is the case. Would I get KOS if I only scammed non-blues?

Offline [P.T.B] AllMappedOut

• CVA P.T.B
  • Tourney Team
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:06 am »
Yes.

Scamming is against the values of Providence - even though I have heard of limited cases of scamming reds, they're generally frowned upon as the whole point is that Providence is meant to be a virtuous area of Nullsec. If you're scamming neutrals, you're scamming potential members of Providence. You don't know who is behind that neutral character, and even if they're not a providence member, they're still not hostile to us.

My advice would be not to bother with trying to Jita scam. Just market trade. It's more profitable, less shady, and doesn't get you in trouble.

The rules are clear

Offline [P.T.B] tntimmy

• CVA P.T.B
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 12:40:05 pm »
I don't know what you try to achieve here.  You are KOS to providence since you are in a KOS corporation. You openly say you will or want to be scamming in Jita. Who says you don't already do that in provi, or won't try it in the future ?

You sir raise big red flag.  Scamming is not accepted in part of our NRDS culture, "even if scamming kos entities".  This discussion should have ended when the rules have been pointed out in the 2nd and 3rd post.

• SYLPH SMUAF
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 11:55:01 pm »
I don't know what you try to achieve here.  You are KOS to providence since you are in a KOS corporation. You openly say you will or want to be scamming in Jita. Who says you don't already do that in provi, or won't try it in the future ?

You sir raise big red flag.  Scamming is not accepted in part of our NRDS culture, "even if scamming kos entities".  This discussion should have ended when the rules have been pointed out in the 2nd and 3rd post.
I never said I have scammed - all I said was that I had plans to if the rules did not interfere. Regardless, given Accuser and my Corp has moved out, I will be moving out of Provi and most likely not coming back with peaceful intentions, so if there were a way I could drop the KOS flag until I moved out, I'd then be out of your hair. You can check my market records, I'm being fully honest. No payment I know of has been transferred to my account since the Corp move.

API Key: 6742463 : eXCHGCmeph07cujYUTuIaZQEg4rHzwUGXVmUedb0BW6fOaixFheKPXYqJraJZw8e

That shows all market info you need. You can see I'm not lying.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:05:58 am by [SMUAF] Ajem Hinken »

• SYLPH SMUAF
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 11:58:14 pm »
Okay, so second question. Do personal reds count as red for NRDS? e.g. let's say Bill has scammed Bob. Bob sets Bill as red for himself. Bob later moves to Provi and sees Bill again. Can Bob then go and shoot Bill?

(I don't expect this to be the case as no one but you can tell who is a red contact to someone, but they still are indistinguishable from other reds so...)

Offline [IG] San Ki Cho

• CVA IG
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 09:48:46 am »
no, Bill wouldn't be KOS.

Offline [P.T.B] Ortho Loess

• CVA P.T.B
  • Clone Vat Goo
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 11:33:30 am »
... so if there were a way I could drop the KOS flag until I moved out, I'd then be out of your hair.

There is exactly one way for you to do this. Since you are not personal KoS, you simply need to leave your corp/alliance and join any that is not KoS (If you stay in an NPC corp, you would remain KoS under the KoS-by-last rule).

The only other option would be for your alliance to petition to be removed from the KoS list. This would be unlikely to be a quick or simple process.

As to your other question: An entity is KoS if and only if the KoS website at https://kos.cva-eve.org/ says they are KoS.